Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Make recommendations to the City Commission consistent with the policies and objectives set forth in the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan.
- Advise the Bicycle/Pedestrian Coordinator and City staff as to the determination of bicycle and pedestrian routes and help to establish project priorities.
- Support community partnerships that plan, develop, promote, and coordinate community cycling, walking, and active commuting activities.
- Develop goals and work plans regarding activities of the BPAC.
- Review proposals from individual associations or other institutions for joint programs and assist in effective coordination of such activities, when applicable.
Appointments are for three-year periods and run from Nov. 1 through Oct. 31.
For more information on Manhattan’s continued growth into a bicycle and pedestrian friendly community, visit our Bicycle and Pedestrian Information page.
View the 2020 Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Board Schedule
Bike Month update
15 April 2020
Due to the stay-at-home orders there will probably not be many if any Bike Month activities in May. If all goes well, there has been some discussion of holding a local bike month observance this fall, perhaps in October. We’ll try to keep you up to date on developments as they happen.
- David Colburn, Chair (At-Large)
- Joseph Edmunds, Vice-Chair (Riley County)
- Nancy Baker (At-Large)
- Annie Cook (At-Large)
- Kevin Fateley (Pottawatomie County)
- Brian Hardeman, (Manhattan Business Community)
- Ed Kalas (Riley County Health Department)
- Seth Scobee (Riley County Police Department)
- Carol Sevin (Kansas State University)
- Chris Spooner (At-Large)