City of Manhattan News & Events
The City of Manhattan is hosting a second round of public engagement to discuss the CrossroadsMHK strategic planning initiative. Two in-person events will take place Thursday, May 6 and a virtual meeting is planned for the lunch hour on Monday, May 10. Read on...
The updated Manhattan Development Code (MDC) is now ready for review and will go in front of the City Commission for adoption this fall. Read on...
We published the first draft of a document with wide-ranging data and insight about Manhattan. The environmental scan document is an analysis of relevant existing conditions and trends in the community, as well as an internal review. Read on...
One of the key projects from the plan is the two-way protected bike lane on the west side of North Manhattan Avenue. It will eventually run from Claflin Road to City Park, making it the premier safe and useful route for bikers to travel north-south. Read on...
The Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) notified the City that traffic control will be switching to Phase 3 on Fort Riley Boulevard (K-18) for the Wildcat Creek Bridge Replacement project starting Monday, April 19th. Read on...
Stay in Touch
Sign up for email and/or text alerts on a variety of topics.
To view our neighborhood designations, see our online Neighborhood Notifications map. Or sign up for email and/or text alerts for multiple lists.
- Amherst and Miller Parkway
- Anthony Middle School
- CiCo Park
- Downtown Core
- East Campus
- Northwest Manhattan
- Eureka Valley - Manhattan Regional Airport - West Scenic Drive NOT PICTURED
- K-177 Gateway Corridor NOT PICTURED
- Stagg Hill
- Sunset Zoo - Redbud
- Wastewater Plant - East Highway 24 NOT PICTURED
- West Campus
Advisory Boards & Committees
Want to keep track of an advisory board or committee that interests you? Sign up for email and/or text alerts for agendas, minutes and special announcements.
SIGN UP FOR MORE THAN ONE NOTIFICATION LIST HERE
- Aggieville BID Advisory Board
- Arts and Humanities Advisory Board
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- Cemetery Board
- City Commission
- City/University Projects Fund Committee
- Code Appeals Board
- Douglass Center Advisory Board
- Downtown BID Advisory Board
- Flint Hills Discovery Center Advisory Board
- Food and Farm Council
- Historic Resources Board
- Housing Appeals Board
- Human Rights and Services Board
- License and Permit Notifications
- Manhattan Urban Area Planning Board
- Municipal Audit Committee
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Partner City Advisory Committee
- Social Services Advisory Board
- Special Alcohol Fund Advisory Committee