City of Manhattan News & Events
Citywide cleanup efforts moved into Area 2 (north-central/purple/State Streets) on June 24 after City crews from the Street Division and Parks Division finished picking up tree and limb debris in Area 1 (southeast/tan/Ward District) on Thursday, June 23. Read on...
City management and the Manhattan Parks and Recreation Department are evaluating the ability to offer modified programming this fall for youth sports and other activities, due to limited staffing for scorekeepers, referees, and facility supervisors. Read on...
South Manhattan Avenue will be closed to all traffic from Fort Riley Boulevard to Wildcat Creek beginning July 5. The closure will be for approximately 60 days to allow for work on the levee crossing in this location, with reopening expected in September. Read on...
A citywide storm cleanup effort will take place in Manhattan starting Tuesday, June 21 through Monday, June 27. Ddetails, including a list of licensed tree service contractors for work on private property, can be found at www.cityofmhk.com/stormcleanup. Read on...
An additional section of Linear Trail will be closed due to ongoing levee construction starting Wednesday, June 1. The trails will remain substantially closed until spring 2024 to allow for completion of the Manhattan levee upgrade project. Read on...
Construction is set to begin Monday, April 25 on North Manhattan Avenue in Aggieville, which will be closed from Fremont Street to Moro Street for an extended period of time, through fall 2022. Read on...
Stay in Touch
Sign up for email and/or text alerts on a variety of topics.
To view our neighborhood designations, see our online Neighborhood Notifications map. Or sign up for email and/or text alerts for multiple lists.
- Amherst and Miller Parkway
- Anthony Middle School
- CiCo Park
- Downtown Core
- East Campus
- Northwest Manhattan
- Eureka Valley - Manhattan Regional Airport - West Scenic Drive NOT PICTURED
- K-177 Gateway Corridor NOT PICTURED
- Stagg Hill
- Sunset Zoo - Redbud
- Wastewater Plant - East Highway 24 NOT PICTURED
- West Campus
Advisory Boards & Committees
Want to keep track of an advisory board or committee that interests you? Sign up for email and/or text alerts for agendas, minutes and special announcements.
SIGN UP FOR MORE THAN ONE NOTIFICATION LIST HERE
- Aggieville BID Advisory Board
- Arts and Humanities Advisory Board
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- Cemetery Board
- City Commission
- City/University Projects Fund Committee
- Code Appeals Board
- Douglass Center Advisory Board
- Downtown BID Advisory Board
- Flint Hills Discovery Center Advisory Board
- Food and Farm Council
- Historic Resources Board
- Housing Appeals Board
- Human Rights and Services Board
- License and Permit Notifications
- Manhattan Urban Area Planning Board
- Municipal Audit Committee
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Partner City Advisory Committee
- Social Services Advisory Board
- Special Alcohol Fund Advisory Committee