If you live near the Kansas State University campus in a parking zone, and want on-street parking, you need a parking permit. Parking permits are $5 each. for an additional $5, you can get a guest parking pass for visitors. Parking permits can be obtained by visiting the Customer Service office at City Hall, 1101 Poyntz Avenue, with the following information:
- A copy of your lease
- Make and model of your vehicle
- Picture ID
- Vehicle tag number
Citywide 48 Hour Public Parking Restriction
It is unlawful for any person to park or leave a vehicle or allow a vehicle to be parked or left on the streets of the City or any other public property of the City, including public parking lots, in one location for a period in excess of 48 hours.
Limited Time Parking Restrictions in Downtown, City Park, and Aggieville
Downtown, City Park, and Aggieville contain a number of limited time parking areas. These can include certain number of hours limit, certain day restriction, or certain ranges of hours of parking restrictions. The areas with those limits and restrictions can be located in Manhattan City Code of Ordinances Chapter 31.
Public parking is available in both business districts:
- View a map of available public parking in Downtown Manhattan
- View a map of available public parking in Aggieville
Fuchsia Parking Zone
The new Fuchsia Parking Zones near Aggieville and City Park are now in effect and being actively enforced. While the Aggieville Parking Garage is under construction, there’s a need to make sure area residents have enough parking spaces.
What does this mean for you?
What does this mean for you?
- Residents, property owners, and tenants in the area can pay $5 for a Fuchsia Parking Permit. This Fuchsia Zone parking permit allows permit holders to park overnight and not be subject to a three hour limit in the designated Fuchsia Zone.
- The Fuchsia Zone permit does not exempt a permit holder from other restrictions, such as no parking longer than 48 hours, or exempt them from no overnight parking, other hourly limits, or other parking restrictions outside of the Fuchsia Zone.
- Please note: Central Park Road is NOT designated as a fuchsia zone and has a 3 hour parking limit with no overnight parking.
- To obtain a Fuchsia Zone parking permit bring a copy of your lease or other proof of residence, photo ID, make and model of vehicle, and vehicle tag number to the Customer Service Department in City Hall, 1101 Poyntz Ave. For an additional $5, residents, property owners, and tenants in the area can get a guest permit to accommodate visitors, but other restrictions may apply.
The PDF map of the Fuchsia Zone has detailed parking information. If you have questions, please call us at 785-587-2480 during business hours or stop by City Hall.
Game Day Parking Restrictions
Parking restrictions and temporary parking permissions are in place for all home Kansas State football games for areas surrounding Bill Snyder Family Stadium. The City Commission approved these parking modifications on home football game days to improve safety and allow for better emergency access.
- See the map and details about Game Day Parking restrictions
What do I do if I receive a parking ticket?
Parking tickets should be paid, or drivers should appear in Municipal Court, within five (5) business days. If not, the offender will be sent a letter, and an administrative fee of $10 will be assessed. If a second letter needs to be sent, an additional administrative fee of $25 will be assessed. If the offender still does not appear in Municipal Court, an arrest warrant may be issued.