Application Forms & Instructions
Before making an application for the actions below, you will need to schedule a pre-application conference to discuss what is being proposed, review submission requirements, and review the application and approval process. Please use this online form and scheduler to get started. You will be able to upload any relevant documents as well.
The purpose of a pre-application conference is to familiarize the applicant with the development review and approval process, provide for an exchange of information with City staff, advise the applicant as to key planning, zoning and engineering, and other considerations, and to determine the information required to accompany an application. They are generally required for Annexations, Rezonings, Preliminary Plats, Replats, Substantial Modifications to a Planned Unit Development, Conditional Uses, and any other request the Zoning Administrator deems advisable to do so. There is no fee for a pre-application conference. They are held on a set schedule, twice a month on alternating Thursdays. You will need to schedule the meeting at least seven days prior.
Forms & Instructions
The following links provide access to forms and instructions for making application to the Manhattan Urban Area Planning Board, the Board of Zoning Appeals, the Historic Resources Board, and various administrative applications to the City of Manhattan.
Manhattan Urban Area Planning Board To schedule a pre-application meeting, contact Senior Planner Barry Beagle at 785-587-2412.
- Application Form, General
- Neighborhood Meeting Instructions and Report Form
- Annexation - Filing Instructions
- Rezoning - Filing Instructions
- PUD: Rezoning & Preliminary development plan- filing instructions
- PUD: amendment - filing instructions
- PUD: Final - filing instructions
- Subdivision: Preliminary Plat - filing instructions
- Subdivision: Final Plat - filing instructions
- Subdivision: Utility Release Form
- Subdivision: Variation of layout standards - filing instructions
- Tax Certification Affidavit
Board of Zoning Appeals
To schedule a pre-application meeting, contact 785-587-2412.
- Conditional Use - Filing Instructions (including telecom and legal nonconforming uses)
- Exception - Filing Instructions
- Variance - Filing Instructions
Other Forms & Instructions
To schedule a pre-application meeting, contact Senior Planner Barry Beagle at 785-587-2412.
- Boundary Line Adjustment - Filing Instructions
- Lot Split - Filing Instructions
- Flood Plain Development Application-New Construction on Fill
- Flood Plain Development Application - New Construction on Crawlspace
- Flood Plain Development Application - Modifying an Existing Building
- Flood Plain Development Application - Floodproofing
- State or Municipally Owned / Operated Facility - Filing Instructions
- Rezoning Protest Petition - Filing Instructions
- Rezoning Protest Petition - Form
- Rezoning Protest Petition Verification Form
Historic Resources Board
To schedule a pre-application meeting, contact Planner Ben Chmiel at 785-587-2412.
- Minor Historic Review Application
- Major Historic Review Application
- Nominating Properties to a Historic Register