Join Manhattan Parks and Recreation as we reach out to neighbors, community members, and trail advocates to learn what types of accessibility and trail improvements you would like to see in your neighborhood. Five meetings will be held throughout the city and participants will get to explore interactive concepts, provide feedback, and ask questions.
Join us from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. at the location closest to your home.
- July 12: MHK Fire Department Headquarters, 2000 Denison Avenue
- July 19: Amanda Arnold Elementary School, 1435 Hudson Avenue
- August 2: City Hall, 1101 Poyntz Avenue
- August 9: Eisenhower Middle School, 800 Walters Drive
- August 16: Sunset Zoo, 2333 Oak Street
Find more event information on Facebook at https://business.facebook.com/events/1970571692956026/
The mission of the Manhattan Parks and Recreation Department is to build a healthy community through people, parks, and programs.
Trail Talks is a community learning session created to help with the prioritization of the trail projects that will be dedicated to the improvement and connectivity of the over 29 miles of trail on over 22 trails located in the Manhattan community. In November of 2017, the Rec and Trails Sales Tax (.25%) passed by voters earmarked $2 million dollars for 10 years to be dedicated to trail and sidewalk improvements. A primary goal will be to fill gaps in the trail network and create a walkable, bikeable loop around the community. Parks and Recreation staff is working together with the Manhattan Metropolitan Planning Organization to prioritize potential projects.
To learn more about Manhattan parks and trails, and download a trail guide to the community please visit our trails page at http://www.mhkprd.com/171/Trails
To learn more about Manhattan Parks and Recreation, please visit www.mhkprd.com
- People - Engaging the diverse residents of our community with parks, facilities, and programs
- Parks - Providing open space and connecting our community to our physical, natural, and cultural resources
- Programs - Improving physical, social, and emotional well being, positively impacting community health and wellness.