(MANHATAN, KS – JULY 13, 2018) The 10th annual Furniture Amnesty Day is just two weeks away! Donate your old furniture and/or pick up new-to-you items for your home.
Volunteers are available to pick up furniture donations at the curb for anyone in Manhattan city limits. Sign up online at cityofmhk.com/furniture or call the City Manager’s Office at 587-2404 by 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, July 25 to schedule a pick up.
Donations can also be dropped off at City Park from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the day of the event, Friday, July 27.
Anyone interested in browsing the sofas, chairs, dressers, and other cool stuff available at Furniture Amnesty Day is welcome to participate. Registration will take place at City Park starting at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, July 27. No additional paperwork is needed. Each person will be able to choose a 15-minute browsing time slot that works best for them.
Any furniture left unclaimed at 4:00 p.m. will be open to the public. At 5:00 p.m., the event will end.
Wednesday, July 25
- 5:00 p.m. Deadline to sign up for volunteers to pick up a furniture donation.
Friday, July 27
- 7:00 a.m. Volunteers will begin arriving with trucks to haul away all scheduled donations. All furniture needs to be ready at the curb. Volunteers will not come inside the home.
- 8:00 a.m. Registration begins for anyone who wants to select furniture. Donors can begin dropping off furniture in City Park.
- 11:00 a.m. The first round of furniture will be ready to browse.
- 3:00 p.m. Deadline to drop off furniture donations at City Park.
- 4:00 p.m. Any remaining furniture will be available to all, no sign-up necessary. Volunteers will begin hauling away the leftovers.
- 5:00 p.m. EVENT END
Manhattan’s Annual Furniture Amnesty Day is sponsored by the City of Manhattan, Staley School of Leadership Studies, HandsOn K-State, and Konza United Way. For more information, visit www.CityofMHK.com/Furniture or call 785-587-2404.