Can I get a diversion of any charge(s) against me?
A diversion is an agreement between you and the City Prosecutor related to the disposition of the charge(s). A diversion agreement allows you to avoid a conviction on your criminal history, if successfully completed. You must submit an application, and the City Prosecutors have discretion to determine the qualifications and requirements of any diversion program. You may be required to pay fines, fees or restitution; attend classes or counseling; perform community service; write essays; refrain from certain conduct; or meet with a court services officer. If you comply with the terms of the diversion agreement, the charges against you will be dismissed. If you do not comply, the City may revoke your diversion and proceed with prosecution.

Show All Answers

1. How do I pay a municipal court fine and court costs?
2. If I pay my fine, do I still have to come to Municipal Court?
3. What is the function of Municipal Court?
4. How are municipal court fines and court costs set?
5. What are the breakdown of court costs?
6. Can I do community service to pay off my fines?
7. What happens at arraignment?
8. What is a “plea?"
9. What happens at trial?
10. What happens at sentencing?
11. Can I speak to a City Prosecutor about my case?
12. Can I have an attorney represent me in court?
13. Can I appeal the judge’s decision?
14. Can I change my arraignment date?
15. What happens if I missed my court date?
16. Can I change the date and time of my meeting with my court services officer?
17. What happens if I miss a meeting with my court services officer?
18. I received a ticket for no proof of liability insurance for the vehicle I was driving. What are my options?
19. Can I get a diversion of any charge(s) against me?
20. Can I have my Municipal Court arrest and/or conviction expunged?
21. What is the ordinance for cell phone violations?
22. What if court is canceled due to inclement weather?
23. What if I need to reschedule my court appearance due to inclement weather?